Decreasing Stress With Your Dorm Essentials
It's inevitable that you're going to have a certain amount of stress in college. You're going to be taking a lot of college courses, possibly working a full or part time job, and doing a lot of studying and homework. All these things can pile up and cause quite a bit of stress. You need to decrease your stress as much as you can, whether it is by taking a break from homework and playing a video game, reading, or watching a movie for bit. However, you can also make your college dorm room a soothing place to rest and relax after a long day of college courses. Check out our list below for some dorm essentials that will help you decrease stress and make your college dorm room soothing.
1 - College Posters
- Your college dorm room starts out with pretty bland dorm walls. These dorm room walls are not going to add to your dorm room decor at all. However, they also won't make your college dorm room feel like a home away from home which is a huge problem. The goal of your dorm room decor is to make your college dorm room feel like a home away from home. It will decrease your stress and make you feel more relaxed and like you belong in college. Cover up those dorm room walls with some of your favorite things like photos from home and dorm posters
of your favorite movies, musicians, or scenic views to make your college dorm room comfortable and soothing.
2 - College Planner
- This is a must have dorm item for decreasing stress. You don't want to move into college without a dorm planner
in your college supplies. You're going to be involved in a lot in college and it can be hard to keep track of everything that you are involved in, when assignments are due, and when you have to meet up with people in your class to work on a project. With so many things going on, you can't expect to remember them all. Keeping a checklist that you can erase or cross things off of as you finish is essential and will allow you to see what you have accomplished and what you have left to do. These Peel N Stick Dorm Wall Calendars
not only add to your dorm room decor, you can also keep them right by your dorm desk so you have them conveniently placed to see what you have left to do.
3 - Dorm Safe
- Some of your stress in college may have to do with dorm security and dorm safety. You want to make sure your valuable dorm essentials stay in your college dorm room when you are in class, work, or a night out with friends. You don't want to go to college without a dorm safe
in your college supplies. This dorm essentials item can be attached to immovable furniture legs, a closet rod, or anywhere else safe so you can keep your dorm necessities secure and have peace of mind. Store your tablet or iPad, passport, credit cards or money, and more in this dorm essentials item when they're not in use to have peace of mind.
4 - Soft Dorm Seating
- Your college dorm room doesn't come with many relaxing dorm seating
options. In fact, you have three - your dorm desk chair, your dorm bed, and your dorm floor. When you want to relax after a long day of college courses, your dorm desk chair and dorm floor won't provide the most comfortable options, and you may not want to sit on your dorm bed to relax. After all, sitting on your college dorm bed to do homework may make it harder to fall asleep at night. For ultimate relaxation after a long day of college courses, add soft dorm seating like our Coma Inducer Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair
. With an incredibly soft and comfortable coral fleece exterior and Memory Foam fill, you will feel instantly relaxed and soothed when you sit in this dorm necessities item after a long day.
5 - Dorm Rug
- Just like your dorm room walls, your dorm floor won't add much to your dorm room decor. In fact, it will detract from your dorm room decor and not make your college dorm room very comfortable. When you're making your college dorm room a home away from home, you need to remember your dorm floor. It will start out as either cold linoleum or a thin dorm carpet, so you want to make sure you add some comfortable dorm rugs
that add soothing notes to your dorm room decor and make your college dorm room feel complete. Our College Plush Rugs
have the softest, thickest plush strands that will feel amazing to sit on or just brush your toes through when you need a little extra comfort.